Monday, October 12, 2009

Renter's insurance advice for students and others

The Washington state insurance commissioner's office has put together tips and advice about renter's insurance. (And you won't get a sales pitch. We don't sell insurance; we're the government agency that regulates it.)  Among the topics: do you need renter's insurance, what's it cover, other coverage you can add, etc.

For example, if you're a college student who rents an off-campus apartment or house while away at school, you should think about getting the coverage. It will protect things like your computer, TV, stereo, bike and furniture if they get destroyed, damaged or stolen. Even if you area  dependent under your parents' insurance, your personal property in many cases is not covered if you live off-campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment